Monday, September 9, 2013

Drumming: An external heartbeat


At the transition between July and August I had a significant event rip at a chunk of my soul. An old evil rose up and I allowed myself to lose control. I intend to right more specifically about this event, because it was the catalyst for me starting this blog, as well as pushing me toward finding significant healing for myself, and hoping to become a much better me, so that events like that cannot be revisited.

One of those steps was buying a drum. In a dream I found myself under my tree beating an African hand drum. I have found some serious magic to be gleaned from following images in my dreams, so the next day I started looking for the type of drum I saw in my dream. I was certain it was a djembe after looking at many different types of hand drums.
I found one for a reasonable price on Craigslist, and at the end of the week I purchased it.
Since then I have found it to be very soothing in moments when I start ripping myself up and helping allow me to calm down and cease my mental self-flagellation. I took it with me on my most recent camping trip, and found a few moments to enjoy playing in nature, something I hope to do again soon. Until then, I'll take the nearly daily doses of calm in my living room...

Find your heartbeat, and find peace for your soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment